Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stir Fried Vegetable Macaroni


Stir Fried Vegetable Macaroni

Lately, I have not been cooking much and eating out, mainly foods on the go. I think I am going to try to get in the habit of freezer cooking. In college, I used to cook large amounts at a time to freeze and eat at a later time. Eating out too much can be unhealthy, especially since salads and vegetables are not my first choice when I am hungry. Prepared foods are usually loaded with sodium and fat so it’s better to cook for myself and freeze leftovers in case I am too lazy or don’t have time to cook. In addition, it saves money when you prepare foods yourself. This weekend I made enough stir-fried Macaroni for 4 to 6 servings. I had some for lunch and saved some dinner. Then I froze the rest. Read more for the recipe.



Ingredients:
1 box of macaroni
1 cp of frozen vegetable
1 bell pepper of your choice (I used ½ orange bell pepper and ½ red bell pepper), diced
1 small onion, diced
1 large ripe tomato
2 tbsps of maple syrup
3 tbsps of vinegar
salt
pepper
cayenne pepper, optional
Italian seasoning
Dried oregano

Instructions:
  1. Cook the macaroni in boiling water for 7 minutes. The macaroni should be firm and not too tender because the macaroni will be cooked again. Drain the macaroni in a strainer and rinse with cold water. Rinsing it with cold water will prevent the macaroni from sticking together.
  2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil. Scramble the eggs and seasoned it with salt and pepper to taste. Once the eggs are cooked, transferred them to a plate.
  3. Add 1 tbsp of oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to the skillet. Cook until most of the moisture is gone.
  4. Add in the frozen vegetable, bell peppers, eggs, and drained macaroni. Use the spatula to mix the ingredients together. Sprinkle in Italian seasoning and dried oregano. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment