Friday, February 17, 2012

Tapioca Pudding made with Coconut Milk


Tapioca Pudding 

Sometimes I think I am a pregnant woman with all the cravings I have. This time I wanted some tapioca pudding. I was about to purchase some at the Asian supermarket, but decided to make myself some instead. How hard can it be? I found a recipe online for Cambodian banana tapioca pudding. I think this is the closest to what I was craving-coconut milk and tapioca. I omitted the banana’s from the recipe. I just kept the recipe simple to water, tapioca, coconut milk, and sugar. When I was making the pudding in the evening, my mother came into the kitchen to question what I was making and why. I told her my life wasn’t sweet enough. It’s true. It’s not. That’s why I need a dessert to make it sugary sweet!!!



Below is the recipe I used (adapted by Allrecipes-Cambodian Tapioca-Banana Pudding)

Ingredients:
1 cp small pearl tapioca
7 cps water
¼ tsp salt
½ cp white sugar
1 can of coconut milk

Instructions:
  1. Microwave about 2 cups of water and add in the tapioca. Let it stand for about 10 minutes and then drain.
  2. Add 5 cups of water to a saucepan and add in the drained tapioca. Bring the water to a boil, then turn the heat to medium. Cook until the tapioca turns transparent and stir frequently to prevent the tapiocas from sticking to the pan.
  3. When the tapioca are transparent, add in the sugar. Then add in the coconut milk. Cook until you obtain a soup like consistency. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment